A World Where Monsters Rule
Listen to this episode on the website
|Date|| Feb 8, 2016|
|Previous|| Grand Unified Theory|
|Next||Just Wrap the Belt around your Junk|
A World Where Monsters Rule is the one-hundred and thirty-first episode of the Super Best Friendcast.
- “This week on the Friendcast: Woolie summons Paul Mooney, Matt visits Phendrana Drifts, Pat takes a hit of crack and Liam bears Witness.”
- — Website description
- “Did they steal Agumon from Tekken?”
- — Liam
- “I can't wait till we get to Super Best Friendcast: The Podcast 2000.”
- — Pat
- “Frame data changing as you play.”
- — Liam
- “Oh, the dick stab. Okay.”
- — Pat
- “The most dangerous one. You gotta watch out for the second swallow.”
- — Liam
Letter Time Edit
Q: When is Matt gonna release the Super NCRC CVS2 intro? from Crewman
- Woolie: Matt was supposed to make a Stupidity opening for North Cal regionals. We'll ask it again later.
- Liam: The what?
Q: I've recently been playing Folklore and noticed they have characters going through the levels but being justified by having one come after the other. I was wondering if you had any thoughts on this features and should more games with character choices do the same? from Joseph Johnson
- Pat: I thought it was done really poorly in Folklore because the levels were really similar. DMC4 tries to do this. Resident Evil 2 does this the best.
- Woolie: Odin Sphere does this and it starts out okay but ends up not okay.
- Liam: Vanillaware are the king of stretching their content too thin. Symphony of the Night upside-down castle is the best.
Q: What's your white whale of gaming achievements? from Cameron
- Pat: European Extreme no detection, no kills in Metal Gear Solid 3.
- Woolie: Completing all the trials in Street Fighter 4.
- Liam: Beating Dead Space 2 in under 3 saves.
Q: What if Street Fighter V, on day one, took a year off your life for every hour you played it? How would you play it? from Doctor Bathroom
- All: If it were just day one, we wouldn't play on day one. Otherwise, we wouldn't play it. There are other good fighting games.
Q: Woolie, why do you hate western fantasy? from Chatterbox
- Woolie: I don't hate western fantasy. I just hate tired stuff we've seen before.
- Liam: The secret is that we're all huge weeaboos.
Zaibatsu Watch Edit
- Pat: Deadpool.
- Woolie: Deadpool.
- Liam: Unravel, the PSP version of Breath of Fire 3, and Deadpool.
- The music used in the outro is "Through the Papyrus and Sans" from skykid.
- Matt could not attend this episode of the Friendcast due to him being stuck at his bank dealing with someone having stolen money from his account.
- Esoteric Fact: 131 is the metadata tag for indie music. Also, it's a palindromic number.