Badge Boosting is forbidden on Best Friends Wiki. administrators are to use their personal discretion to issue either a warning or a block. Badges should be earned through legitimate edits and contributions.
What Is Boosting?
Boosting is the process of making either useless or maybe even malicious edits just to simply heighten the count of edits they have made. It includes the following:
- Making malicious edits and quickly undoing them. No harm is done to the page, but this is still boosting. The user could have spent his time actually correcting articles, information or otherwise.
- Adding useless pictures to multiple pages.
- Making multiple blogs corresponding to the amount of blogs you need to "write" to get an achievement.
- Creating non-functional or irrelevant categories or misusing established categories.
What is Not Boosting?
Some things may appear to be boosting, but is not always so. For instance:
- Edit wars between a normal user and a vandal, who is trying to vandalize the page, and the user who is quickly undoing his edits. If the user is simply signing out and in again to vandalize/undo, we can tell by the IP address. All edit wars are to be reported to an Administrator.
In addition, if a user make a lot of small edits to one page in a short amount of time, this is also not boosting.