Live from PAX: Nonstop Infinite Ass Dumping
Listen to this episode on Libsyn
|Date|| September 2, 2014|
|Previous|| Cut out the Middleman, Just Fuck the Wig|
|Next||What’s the Coolest Name for a Pet Raven?|
Live from PAX: Nonstop Infinite Ass Dumping is the fifty-sixth episode of the Super Best Friendcast.
- “This week’s special episode recorded live from PAX Prime in Seattle! Tune in for our thoughts on everything (and everyone) we touched, as well as our realized fear of American McDonald’s.”
- — Podcast description
- “I will pay money for not leg pain, please.”
- — Woolie
- “I feel like, pissed off at every steak I've ever eaten in comparison.”
- — Pat
- “'I shouldn't have done that' always comes between the two to five 'I can do this' bites.”
- — Liam
- “... fuck you, we're busy dumping nonstop infinite ass.”
- — Liam
- “Sixth floor!? That's more than five!”
- — Matt
- “Hey everyone, Woolie like people who punch people really hard.”
- — Matt
- “It feels like Ratchet and nothing.”
- — Liam, on Sunset Overdrive
- “I'm excited for that one Atlus game that's coming out that's a pinball RPG hybrid....”
- — Liam
- “Yeah, it's Persona: Pinballing All Night, right?”
- — Matt
Letter Time Edit
Q: Are there any moments in a video game that you loved that are not just objectively terrible, but you love because they're terrible? from Dr. Fruit Bat
- Pat: The voice acting in *Resident Evil*
- Liam: Every cutscene from *House of the Dead*
- Woolie: The voice acting in *Virtua Fighter*
- Matt: Deadly Premonition
Q: Do any of you like pinball or pinball video games? from Latme
- Pat: Liam and I were playing it recently.
- Woolie: I don't play a lot of pinball, but I like it.
- Liam: I have Zen Pinball 2 on my Vita and I play it every now and again. I'm fond of pinball, but I couldn't say I love it.
- I like pinball, but I'm not gonna play pinball.
Q: Your cat looks like Ron Perlman, Pat I'm getting super butthurt about your Austrailian jokes, once I'm getting these chains off I'm coming for you. from Butthurt Australia
- Pat: Yeah!
Q: I wanna know if your parents nagged you too much about playing video games when you were young. from Daniel
- Pat: Hell yeah they did!
- Liam: Yeah. My dad doesn't really get it, but he's very inept with technology. He's a woodsman!
- Matt: My parents' main complaint was how violent they are, but they're very understanding of it now.
- Woolie: Mine went through the phases, but they're happy I'm doing it for a living.
Q: Pick a waifu from a Kamiya game. from Devin
- Pat: Bayonetta
- Liam: Jeanne
- Woolie: Amaterasu
Q: What do you spend your arcade time with? from Jordan
- Everyone now: Street Fighter IV or Street Fighter III: Third Strike
- Liam, back in the day: Star Wars
- Matt, back in the day: It bounced between SoulCalibur, Street Fighter III: Third Strike, and Street Fighter Alpha 3
- Woolie: Aside from the Street Fighter games, I spent a gross amount of money on the X-Men Arcade game.
Q: What's your favourite limited collector's edition of a game? from Big Rob
- Pat: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
- Liam: Off the top of my head, JoJo's Bizzare Adventure: All Star Battle.
- Woolie: Soul Calibur 2 came with an excellent art book.
- Matt: The worst is that shitty Max Payne statue.
Q: What are your favourite additional scenes in an adaption of a series, i.e. scenes that were not in the source material? from GGBHTG
- Matt: The additional scenes from Terminator II after the T-1000 gets melted.
- Liam: Ditto, because I can't think of anything else.
- Pat: Literally every single scene that was re-inserted into Aliens.
- Woolie: The latest battle involving Brienne of Tarth in Game of Thrones.
Q: Who was your first anime waifu? from Gunner
- Pat: Casca
- Liam: I couldn't remember.
- Woolie: Motoko Kusanagi
- Matt: Mai
Q: Do you guys have any attend PAX South or any other PAX event? from Elf Archer
- Pat: I don't know.
- Matt: If we're gonna go to another one, PAX East would be pretty easy for us.
- Woolie: It's all up in the air.
Zaibatsu Watch Edit
- Pat: My bed, finishing the Masters of Doom: How Two Guys Created an Empire and Transformed Pop Culture, and Disgaea 4.
- Liam : TGS week, Danganronpa 2, Velocity 2X
- Matt: Azure Striker Gunvolt
- Woolie: I finished volume one of Saga on the plane ride home.
- The music used in the outro is "Tomorrow is Mine", the theme to Bayonetta 2.