Matt is Pat's foil, and as such, he is not nearly as smart or good as Pat at video games, especially when it comes to navigating. However, Matt often fucks with Pat, and frequently gets him with savvy and well-timed "your mom" jokes, although these have died down substantually.
He is a smooth ladies man who is both charismatic and charming. He is extremely patriotic towards America, despite being Canadian. Matt, as Pat has been quick to point out, is terrible at navigating. In episode fifty of the Super Best Friendcast, Pat stated that Matt was stupid, to which the former agreed, making it canon, according to Pat and Woolie.
Known Aliases Edit
- Matt McMuscles
- The American Dream
- White Thunder
- “See you later fuckers!”
- — Matt
- “Nailed it.”
- — Matt
- “It's a complete debacle!”
- — Matt
- “I'm omnipotently incompetent.”
- — Matt[src]
See the rest at the Matt's Quotes page
- Matt's birthday is August 27, 1983, making him the oldest Zaibatsu member.
- In Saturday Night Slammasters, Matt said that he is 5'7 but later claimed on his Tumblr to be 5'8.
- Matt is Canadian by birth, however, his mother was born in the United States making him a dual citizen. Due to this, he was teased for his American citizenship at school and by his Canuck friends.
- Matt is engaged to his girlfriend, which was announced on the Did Matt Die In Cuba? podcast.
- Matt went to Dawson College in Montreal, which is where he met Woolie. Woolie revealed this on the Time Ethics Do Not Exist podcast.
- Matt's nickname in high school was "The Switcher", hence the name of his channel. This began when Matt was seventeen, and he got to his locker before his friend, by taking the train, when his friend decided to walk.
- Matt originally asked Woolie to do the Kirby's Epic Yarn video with him, but Woolie was too busy watching a stream of Super Street Fighter 4 to care, so Matt instead got Pat to do it with him, thus giving birth to the original Two Best Friends Play.
- Matt was paired with hip-hop artist Bless in his high school drama class, according to their Def Jam Fight For New York Brawl episode. Matt explains that Bless never showed up for class, forcing Matt to do both parts for the skits himself. In the end, Matt got a 98 in that class.
- In the first episode of the Final Fight 3 two-part series, Matt reveals that the original Final Fight was the first arcade game he remembers playing. It was also the first Super Nintendo game he played.
- The first game Matt bought with his own money was Predator for the NES, as revealed in the Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures episode.
- The first CD-ROM Matt ever played on his own in his house was Killer Cuts, according to part seven of the Metroid Fusion playthrough.
- According to their second season finale, Matt's IQ is 48.
- Matt failed two courses in college due to an addiction to Animal Crossing.
- Matt has been banned from Neogaf three times.
- Matt's spirit animal, according to his AMA is the American Arctic Wolf.
- Matt, prior to founding the channel worked as a QA (Quality Assurance) tester for multiple games.
- He used to work at Eidos Montreal and was given a QA credit in the end credits of the critically acclaimed game, Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
- He was a QA tester for the video game No More Heroes.
- In episode nineteen of the Super Best Friendcast, Voltron Runs on Hepatitis, Woolie revealed that Matt worked on Heroes of Ruin with Liam.
- Matt has had and has multiple pets during the course of his channel's run.
- Matt had two rats called Poison and Roxy, named after the Final Fight enemies. They were given to two of the three Dork Girls when he moved.
- Matt has a cat called Zach, named after York's imaginary friend in Deadly Premonition. He was given the name by the fans, who were given a choice between between Zach, Schmuckers, Luca, and Ghost in a poll, with Schmuckers coming in second.
- Matt has a snake called Jack, named after Naked Snake from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.
- During a conversation with Pat, Matt claims that he falls under "all fun, no dignity."
- In the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fan parody "Two Best Sisters Play " he is portrayed by Princess Luna.
- Matt during the last The Walking Dead video claims to cry at really dumb things that no one will understand. For example, he cried near the end of Ratatouille, during the food critic's flashback. Despite this, he still berated Pat for crying like a little baby over Lee dying.
- In the No More Heroes 2 playthrough, Matt stated No More Heroes was his favorite new franchise of the seventh video game generation.
- Matt doesn't like Taylor Swift and thinks she's garbage.
- Matt is a huge fan of Berserk, as evidenced by the large poster in his apartment and the numerous Berserk references in his videos. In the fifth Super Best Friendcast episode, he stated that Berserk is his favorite anime. For their one thousandth video on their channel, Matt and Liam started a full Let's Play of Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage, in which he explained how he came to discover the franchise. When he was young, he rented the Dreamcast game, and later won a copy of the Berserk anime after winning a contest on DaBlackGoku.com, thinking at the time that they made an anime based on Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage.
- In part twenty-six of the Chrono Trigger playthough Pat says Matt went to school for an art major. Later it was revealed Matt went to art school with now fellow Zaibatsu member, Woolie, who went for the same degree.
- Matt edits all the Machinima videos while Pat handles the LP's he's in and Matt and Woolie split the chore on their videos.
- In part seven of The Last of Us playthrough, Pat says that Matt learned how to hop a barbed wire fence from working at Greenpeace.
- Matt's favorite food is lamb chops marinated with garlic.
- In the first Shadow the Hedgehog video, Matt revealed that playing Sonic Generations makes him physically ill which is why he doesn't like it.
- Matt was the one who launched the M. Bison "YES! YES!" meme, unfortunately he doesn't get much credit for it because his video was deleted when his original YouTube account "theswitcher" was deleted for copyright violations. The reposter has evaded all copyright claims and has claimed all the glory since.
- In episode twenty-seven of the Super Best Friendcast, The Time You Got Punched In The Dick, Matt states that his t-shirt size is XL.
- In addition to Best Friends Play, Matt also watches Maximillian, TeamSpooky's LPs ComicBookGirl19, OSW Reviews, Angry Video Game Nerd, Happy Video Game Nerd, and Pat The NES Punk. 
- When asked about his guilty pleasures, Matt stated: GP music? Limp Bizkit. lol GP Game - Earth Defense Force GP Movie - Face/Off GP Anime - Amazing Nurse Nanako" 
- Matt's favorite JRPG is Tales of the Abyss; his least favorite is Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.
- Matt's favorite race in The Elder Scrolls is Argonian.
- Matt stated in the Friendcast 005 that he had written a Fanfic of Jin Kazama that was basically a written version of the cutscenes in Tekken 3 but however added that it is not online.
- Because of Rustlemania, Matt has completely lost the ability to say the words "wrestle" and "wrestler." He instead mispronounces these words as "rustle" and "rustler," respectively. Pat frequently calls him out on this.
- Matt has a fear of the growths on potatoes.
- According to Matt in Matt's Bomb-Ass Wolfenstein The New Order Review!, he is of Polish descent.
- Matt has a crush was WWE Diva, Trish Stratus, which he claims started in his childhood.
- Matt's initials are apparently "MJK", as shown at the end of the The Punisher (Arcade) video.
- In episode seven of the Prison Break full Let's Play, Matt mentions that he did placeholder voice dialogue for the multiplayer in the 2013 Square Enix game, Tomb Raider.
- Matt bought a Playstation 2 for Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
- Matt's High School yearbook quote was, "Everytime I paint a portrait, I lose a friend."
See the rest at Matt's Gallery page