This is an extended page of notable trivia about Matt.
- Matt's birthday is August 27, 1983, making him the oldest Zaibatsu member.
- In Saturday Night Slammasters, Matt said that he is 5'7 but later claimed on his Tumblr to be 5'8.
- Matt is Canadian by birth, however, his mother was born in the United States making him a dual citizen. Due to this, he was teased for his American citizenship at school and by his Canuck friends.
- In episode twenty-seven of the Super Best Friendcast, The Time You Got Punched In The Dick, Matt states that his t-shirt size is XL.
- According to Matt in Matt's Bomb-Ass Wolfenstein The New Order Review!, he is of Polish descent.
- Matt's initials are apparently "MJK", as shown at the end of The Punisher (Arcade) video.
- Matt's last name resembles Kowalski, as the character Matt Kowalski from the movie Gravity (played by George Clooney) is said to have a near-identical name as Matt. Also, he claims people have mistakenly called him Kowalski before on Podcast #5 (about 1 hour and 30 minutes in).
- When asked on his second Reddit AMA if he had one hat or multiple, he confirmed he had "a buncha hats".
- Matt revealed in part five of the Shattered Memories LP that he grew up in West Island.
- Matt married his fiancee on October 31, 2015, which the engagement was announced on the Did Matt Die In Cuba? podcast.
- Matt has had and has multiple pets during the course of his channel's run.
- Matt has a cat called Zach, named after York's imaginary friend in Deadly Premonition. He was given the name by the fans, who were given a choice between Zach, Schmuckers, Luca, and Ghost in a poll, with Schmuckers coming in second.
- Matt has a snake called Jack, named after Naked Snake from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.
- Matt had two rats called Poison and Roxy, named after the Final Fight enemies. They were given to two of the three Dork Girls when he moved. (Unfortunately, in the first episode of the Donkey Kong Country 2 LP Matt reveals that they have passed away a couple of months before.)
- Matt went to Dawson College in Montreal, which is where he met Woolie. Woolie revealed this on the Time Ethics Do Not Exist podcast.
- Matt's nickname in high school was "The Switcher", hence the name of his channel. This began when Matt was seventeen, and he got to his locker before his friend, by taking the train, when his friend decided to walk.
- Matt was paired with hip-hop artist Bless in his high school drama class, according to their Def Jam Fight For New York Brawl episode. Matt explains that Bless never showed up for class, forcing Matt to do both parts for the skits himself. In the end, Matt got a 98 in that class.
- In part twenty-six of the Chrono Trigger playthough Pat says Matt went to school for an art major. Later it was revealed Matt went to art school with now fellow Zaibatsu member, Woolie, who went for the same degree.
- Matt failed two courses in college due to an addiction to Animal Crossing.
- Matt's High School yearbook quote was, "Everytime I paint a portrait, I lose a friend."
- Matt went to Lachine High School in Lachine, Quebec, as revealed through an embarrassing story he told during part eight of the Sonic Adventure LP.
- When asked on his second Reddit AMA about his work prior to testing and Let's Playing, he said that he worked some labour jobs and a few part-time art gigs.
- Matt, prior to founding the channel worked as a QA (Quality Assurance) tester for multiple games.
- He used to work at Eidos Montreal and was given a QA credit in the end credits of the critically acclaimed game, Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
- He was a QA tester for the video game No More Heroes.
- In episode nineteen of the Super Best Friendcast, Voltron Runs on Hepatitis, Woolie revealed that Matt worked on Heroes of Ruin with Liam.
- In episode seven of the Prison Break full Let's Play, Matt mentions that he did placeholder voice dialogue for the multiplayer in the 2013 Square Enix game, Tomb Raider.
- According to a Tumblr post by Matt, he has also done QA on the following games:
- Matt revealed in Mystery Box - Episode #001 that he tested the PS2 version of Code Lyoko: Quest for Infinity.
- In episode sixty-nine of the Super Best Friendcast, We are all Waluigi, Matt mentions testing the PSP Dungeons & Dragons game and later mentions that, when testing No More Heroes, he was never told about the Anarchy in the Galaxy move and never encountered it.
- Matt revealed in FAST Racing Neo that he tested Fatal Inertia.
- Matt originally asked Woolie to do the Kirby's Epic Yarn video with him, but Woolie was too busy watching a stream of Super Street Fighter 4 to care, so Matt instead got Pat to do it with him, thus giving birth to the original Two Best Friends Play.
- Matt edits all the Machinima videos while Pat handles the LP's he's in and Matt and Woolie split the chore on their videos.
- In the first episode of the Final Fight 3 two-part series, Matt reveals that the original Final Fight was the first arcade game he remembers playing. It was also the first Super Nintendo game he played.
- The first game Matt bought with his own money was Predator for the NES, as revealed in the Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures episode.
- The first CD-ROM Matt ever played on his own in his house was Killer Cuts, according to part seven of the Metroid Fusion playthrough.
- In the first Shadow the Hedgehog video, Matt revealed that playing Sonic Generations makes him physically ill which is why he doesn't like it.
- Matt stated in the Friendcast 005 that he had written a Fanfic of Jin Kazama that was basically a written version of the cutscenes in Tekken 3 but however added that it is not online.
- Matt bought a Playstation 2 for Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.
- Matt revealed in Yomi that he doesn't know how to play any card games.
- Matt's favorite food is lamb chops marinated with garlic.
- In the No More Heroes 2 playthrough, Matt stated No More Heroes was his favorite new franchise of the seventh video game generation.
- Matt doesn't like Taylor Swift and thinks she's garbage.
- Matt is a huge fan of Berserk, as evidenced by the large poster in his apartment and the numerous Berserk references in his videos. In the fifth Super Best Friendcast episode, he stated that Berserk is his favorite anime. For their one thousandth video on their channel, Matt and Liam started a full Let's Play of Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage, in which he explained how he came to discover the franchise. When he was young, he rented the Dreamcast game, and later won a copy of the Berserk anime after winning a contest on DaBlackGoku.com, thinking at the time that they made an anime based on Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage. Two of his submissions to the website can be found in this blog post.
- When asked about his guilty pleasures, Matt stated: GP music - Limp Bizkit. GP Game - Earth Defense Force GP Movie - Face/Off GP Anime - Amazing Nurse Nanako" 
- Matt's favorite JRPG is Tales of the Abyss; his least favorite is Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.
- Matt's favorite race in The Elder Scrolls is Argonian. 
- In his second Reddit AMA, Matt said his favourite stands are Star Platinum and Limp Bizkit. 
- In Alien Resurrection, Matt mentioned that David Fincher is one of his favourite directors.
- In part twelve of the The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess LP, Matt reveals that his favorite character design in the game is Queen Rutela.
- Matt has been banned from Neogaf three times.
- Matt's spirit animal, according to his AMA is the American Arctic Wolf.
- During a conversation with Pat, Matt claims that he falls under "all fun, no dignity."
- In the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fan parody "Two Best Sisters Play " he is portrayed by Princess Luna.
- Matt, during the last The Walking Dead video, claims to cry at really dumb things that no one will understand. For example, he cried near the end of Ratatouille, during the food critic's flashback. Despite this, he still berated Pat for crying like a little babby over Lee dying.
- Matt was the one who launched the M. Bison "YES! YES!" meme, unfortunately he doesn't get much credit for it because his video was deleted when his original YouTube account "theswitcher" was deleted for copyright violations. The reposter has evaded all copyright claims and has claimed all the glory since.
- In addition to Best Friends Play, Matt also watches Maximillian, TeamSpooky's LPs ComicBookGirl19, OSW Reviews, Angry Video Game Nerd, Happy Video Game Nerd, and Pat The NES Punk. 
- Because of Rustlemania, Matt has completely lost the ability to say the words "wrestle" and "wrestler." He instead mispronounces these words as "rustle" and "rustler," respectively. Pat frequently calls him out on this.
- Matt has a fear of the growths on potatoes.
- Matt has a crush on WWE Diva, Trish Stratus, which he claims started in his childhood.
- Matt has confirmed he has green eyes in the Super Best Friends Play Splatoon! video.
- Matt revealed in part seven of the Silent Hill LP that he once took a trip up north, ate a pot brownie and watched all three Darkman films.
- In May 2018, Matt befriended Hitomi J-Cup through Twitter and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
- According to their second season finale, Matt's IQ is 48.
- In part seven of The Last of Us playthrough, Pat says that Matt learned how to hop a barbed wire fence from working at Greenpeace.
- He married into a Florida based Italian crime family, known only as the "Pizza Pasta Force", and is rumored to have been accessory to several of their enemies getting wacked while vacationing in the Florida Keyes. Legends tell that this day was known as "Wacking Day."
- Matt previously stated being able to lift 100lbs over his head, but later confirmed to only be able to lift 200lbs above his head.