Send the Kids to the Nerf Chamber
Listen to this episode on the website
|Date|| Jun 7, 2016|
|Previous|| The Unluckiest Game in the History of Games|
|Next||Pokemon HUSTLE? or Pokemon FLOW?|
Send the Kids to the Nerf Chamber is the one-hundred and forty-eighth episode of the Super Best Friendcast.
- “Liam’s out. MORE OVERWATCH IS IN. The pre-E3 hype train begins departing from the station.”
- — Website description
- “It's a reimagining of racism.”
- — Matt
- “You do need ears but considering you can hear this ad read, I think you've got that covered.”
- — Pat
- “It's been a good week for Woolie's death.”
- — Pat
- “I'll cheat, I'll die, I'll cheat again.”
- — Matt
- “What is banned can never be banned again.”
- — Woolie
- “Are you satisfied with the beat down you're giving me, sir? Would you like to switch to an aluminum bat?”
- — Pat
- “Yacht Club could just fart into a mike and I'm like, 'Yeah. I'm a legendary backer.'.”
- — Woolie
Letter Time Edit
Q: What's your favorite piece of video game lore that is never mentioned in game? from Luke
- Matt: ALmost all Overwatch lore and the cards you get playing new game plus in No More Heroes.
- Pat: All Dark Souls games and Final Fantasy XIV where a dragon takes all your powers and I had to look at a better translation to find out why.
- Woolie: That Nero is Virgil's son and that Ryu cheap shot Sagat in Street Fighter.
Q: What's your favorite bad translation or fan dub in anime? from Nakurus Zai Chidna
- Matt: "Spuke, get to the bars." from a bad Chinese rip of Cowboy Beebop.
- Pat: Every line of dialogue from Star War The Third Gathers: The Backstroke of the West.
- Woolie: Escaflone episode one where Vargas is turned into Balgas.
Q: Who's your favorite voice actor? from Antony
- Matt: Robin Atkin Downes and Jennifer Hale.
- Pat: Jennifer Hale and Michael Bell.
- Woolie: Norio Wakamoto for Japan and Paul Dobson for English.
Q: What's your medium of choice? Traditional or electronic is fair game. from Wilson
- Matt: Wacom tablet.
- Pat: I'm out.
- Woolie: Scratchboard.
Q: Is there anything you've backed that you regret? from Akudabar
- Matt: Kaiju Combat is taking a lot longer than it should, Mighty Number 9, and Slain!.
- Pat: Mighty Number 9 because I didn't want to be involved in this year and a half of drama.
Q: 'Pat, if you had to choose or instant current savage clears, what would you choose? What's your character and class right now? Woolie, if you could from Unknown
- Pat: More birds. Dark Knight sixty.
Q: Matt, if you had to choose between a Punisher movie that was rated R and given the same love as Deadpool or to be a sidekick in a B-list Punisher movie, what would you want? from Unknown
- Matt: Sidekick role, but I don't really want a movie since it's getting the series it deserves.
Q: Woolie, if you could either have a third-person Mirror's Edge where you see Faith with died hair and never use guns or give Street Fighter to Platinum and watch it become a character action game. which would you choose? from unknown
- Woolie: Neither. I don't want these things.
Q: What did your water gun arsenal use to be? from Ben
- Matt: Super Soaker 50, Super Soaker 100, and Super Soaker Crossfire(?) that let's you shoot around corners.
- Pat: I had the Super Soaker 1000.
- Woolie: Super Soaker XP.
Q: Have you ever seen a game commercial that convinced you to buy a game that wasn't worth it? from Arin
- Matt: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.
- Pat: Sonic 3D Blast.
- Woolie: Devil May Cry 2 almost got me.
Zaibatsu Watch Edit
- Matt: Overwatch, watching a full LP of Insomniac's Edge of Nowhere because it's exclusive on VR.
- Pat: Overwatch, patch 3.3 for Final Fantasy XIV, and The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine.
- Woolie: Overwatch and my big Mirror's Edge Catalyst box.
- The music used in the outro is "A New BREED Of Black" by Tekraider & Infernal Imp.
- Liam was not present for this episode because he was attending a graduation.