There's a Doomamaniac in Heaven
Listen to this episode on Libsyn
|Date|| May 16, 2016|
|Previous|| Porn Down Weekend|
|Next||Team 3=D. Very Hard. Much Difficulty.|
There’s a Doomamaniac in Heaven is the one-hundred and forty-fifth episode of the Super Best Friendcast.
- “Whiny blind Spiderman! Uncharted 4! Doom! The Green Room! Jessica Jones!”
- — Website description
- “I'm fucking dead, Netflix. Send help.”
- — Pat
- “Two tablespoons of old.”
- — Pat
- “God have mercy on the souls of anyone who tries to play a third generation Monster Hunter game on a phone.”
- — Pat
- “All these Dio jokes are Wrryy-diculous.”
- — Liam
- “Today on fetish watch, Woolie exposed as Planet-Kin.”
- — Liam
Letter Time Edit
Q: Was there ever a singular point about a thing someone made that was the point that made you go try it out? from Flea
- Matt: When I heard there was Cthulhu shit in Bloodborne.
- Pat: The Kotaku article on the big spoiler on the first season of Sword Art Online.
- Woolie: When someone talks about a comic and says a name like Mark Millar.
- Liam: Hearing about where the Muv-Luv series gets to by the end, where it starts as a high school whatever thing and it ends up with intergalactic mech warfare.
Q: How do you feel about Killer Instinct season three's music being done by Cell Dweller? from Jimmy Instinct
- Matt: None of their theme's are as good as any of Mick Gordon's but they're still pretty good.
- Pat: I don;t know much about Killer Instinct but I can say that Mick Gordon killed it with Doom (2016).
- Woolie: Any loss of Mick Gordon on a project is a tragic loss, however Cell Dweller has done a bang up job on the themes so far.
- Liam: I haven't listened to it yet, so I don't know.
Q: Has Woolie ever played the Resident Evil series? from Zell
- Woolie: I played 4 and 5 but I don't need to go back to the old stuff because I played Umbrella Chronicles. Survival horror is not usually my thing but the occasional times when I play them, I usually enjoy it.
Q: Any favorite cliff hangers, like when it shows that Goku blows up at the end of the Frieza saga only to reveal he didn't the next week? from Shane
- Matt: When Bishop yells, 'Assassin!' and fires at the screen, then in the next episode it shows the character jumping out of the way.
- Pat: Same.
- Woolie: Same.
- Liam: I can't think of an example.
Q: What is an edgelord? from Notonfireyet
- If you had a character that was something like a Death Knight named Bane Blade and his background was I drink the souls of the blood of my enemies because my family is doomed in hell.
Q: Who's the king of the edgelords in video games? from Matt
- Matt: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.
- Pat: Death from Darksiders.
- Woolie: Hatred man.
- Liam: The monkeys from Ape Escape.
Q: Why haven't you made a video of Dissidia? from Dio
- Matt: If they port it, we might do it.
- Pat: My desire to do it is miniscule.
- Woolie: I was sad it was not a 2-D fighter.
- Liam: The format is weird for versus. We'd need two PSPs.
Q: If you were a Transformer, what vehicle/animal/whatever are you? from Tom
- Matt: Superion.
- Pat: A toilet with a gun in it that shoots your asshole.
- Woolie: Ego the Living Planet.
- Liam: Kanye West.
Zaibatsu Watch Edit
- Matt: Doom (2016), Uncharted, and Star Fox Zero.
- Pat: Overwatch and Doom (2016)'.
- Woolie: High Rise and Knights of the Old Republic.
- Liam: Doom (2016), Uncharted 4, and '"Ray Gigant.
- The music used in the outro is "SKELETON BALL" by Tekraider.