Universal Serial Boys
Listen to this episode on the website
|Date|| Jul 3, 2017|
|Previous|| Unapologetic Night Court Theme|
|Next||Push My Grandma onto a Microsoft Update|
Universal Serial Boys is the two-hundred and fourth episode of the Super Best Friendcast.
- “The peak of white civilization, Dead Cells, and Function vs Function 3. You can watch us record the podcast live on twitch.tv/superbestfriendsplay”
- — Website description
- “If you're physically larger, you can move somebody out of a bracket.”
- — Matt
- “It was a Decepticon that shot JFK. That's why they never found the second shooter. He was the gun.”
- — Pat
- “Is that an SCART cable? I'll fucking cut you.”
- — Woolie
- “It says a lot when I can look at a fucking Velociraptor with boxing gloves and think that that's a more natural fighting game character than this human.”
- — Pat
- “Who the fuck is whipping their car?”
- — Pat
- “People that are shaking them dreads.”
- — Woolie
- “His shit stains on his underwear are sevens at worse.”
- — Pat about Hideo Kojima's games
Letter Time Edit
Q: Is there anything we can do as gamers to get better usb cables that don't bend under their own weight? from The Spy Guy
- Matt: No.
- Pat: Anchor cables last slightly longer but that's as good as it gets.
- Woolie: The best one I have is the one I got from my Playstation VR.
Q: Why do you guys hate Lars, Alisa, and Lucky Chloe? from Kenneth
- Matt: I hate how Lars was inserted as mysterious son of Heihachi and his dumb hair. Alisa and Lucky Chole are just silly characters.
- Pat: They're dumb anime bullshit. I hate Alisa's anime waifu bullshit and Lars should be cool but he's not. Lucky Chloe's designs don't fit their fighting styles.
- Woolie: Character design. Aegis from Persona 3 is a better robot girl than Alisa. Nothing about Lucky Chloe indicates that she is a fighter.
Q: What's cooler, shooting a guy through a wall, shooting a guy through the ceiling, or shooting a guy through the floor? from Squinty Pete
- Breaking a guy through a surface - All: The Floor
- Shooting a guy with a gun - Matt: Through a wall, Pat & Woolie: Through the ceiling
Q: I think a whip is anything that can be used to cause damage in a whipping motion, from a normal bullwhip to a ball and chain or just chain, and my friend thinks it's just a bullwhip with something like the cat of nail tails being an outlier. Who is right? from Vince
- Matt: You are super wrong.
- Pat: You are wrong. You can whip anything verbalized but that doesn't make it a whip and a cat of nail tails is closer to a flail than a whip.
- Woolie: You are wrong.
Q: Have you ever hated a character everyone else loved? My example is Mae Borowski from Night in the Woods. from Mike, the lowly king
- Matt: I don't think everyone loves Mae.
- Pat: I hate lots of characters that people love.
- Woolie: It's a better question if it's "Have you ever loved a character that everyone else hates?".
Q: Have you ever loved a character that everyone else hates. from Woolie
- Matt: Luke fon Fabre from Tales of the Abyss.
- Pat: I love lots of terrible characters because they're terrible and because other people hate them.
- Woolie: Dilandau Albatau from Escaflowne.
Q: What do you think keeps the Hideo Kojima hype train rolling even after a string of mediocre games? from Eater
- Matt: Even his mediocre games are good games.
- Pat: He's a trailer-smith. He makes the best trailers ever.
- Woolie: The gameplay is always good, it's the story that differs between great and okay.
Q: What series would you like to see exploring the origins of like what Snake Eater did with Big Boss? from Skewer Star
- All: Devil May Cry' with Sparta.
- Woolie: Jeff Bogard fighting tournament.
Zaibatsu Watch Edit
- Matt: Spider-Man Homecoming and Baby Driver
- Pat: Final Fantasy XIV
- Woolie: Spider-Man Homecoming and Baby Driver
- The music used in the outro is "Akane iro-Ga Moeru Toki" from Gungrave.